Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

My 2008 g35x wont start when the button is pushed, acts like

Customer Question

my 2008 g35x wont start when the button is pushed, acts like the brake pedal is not depressed, brake lights work. did this 4 days ago and after sitting about an hour it started. had same problem two days ago, had it in the dealer, they replaced a fuse and got it started... now it is doing the same .. I cant find a blown fuse...?
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: the left rear brake caliper was replaced recently, the fluid level is between min and max
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked all fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I bled the rear brake again thinking that air in the line could have been a problem...
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
would it be at all significant that the steering lock is NOT on... the wheels can be turned while the vehicle is not running (even with NO KEY displayed)?
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you say that when the car is off, the steering wheel is not locked?