Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

It's a 2004 infinity G35 sedan, Yes, I was trying to see if

Customer Question

Hello, my name is Erika
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: It's a 2004 infinity G35 sedan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes , I was trying to see if it's something I can do myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes, when I noticed the noise on car insurance had a problem with my radiator, I had to get it fixed well reconstructed
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has any work ever been done on the radiator?
Customer: Yes,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Around 123000
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The noise my car makes was after I had a problem with my radiator ,I took it a mechanic to get it reconstructed and after that I noticed my car sounded so loud wen it's on ,it almost sound like a refrigerator or an AC wen it's on ,can it be fans that aren't working properly?
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Does it make the noise all the time when running?

Does it increase with speed? (engine RPM's)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it makes the noise once the car has gotten warmed up
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I sounds a little louder with speed
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

I see, thanks.

Could it be that the fans do come on and are making the noise? They will make a sound like an AC or fridge when the bearings are bad in the fan motor.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok , I remember that when I got my radiator fixed the mechanic had mentioned that my fans were not turning off when the car turned off ,that the will stay on
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A friend of mine that kind of knows about also mentioned that maybe the mechanic might have switched my original fans and replaced with some other ones... can that be possible?
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

It is possible but not normal practice. It is also possible, (and more probable) that the fan blade is hitting somewhere and making the noise. Some need to be adjusted around some so that they don't hit anything. Will the noise stop if the fan motor is disconnected?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hmm. I haven't tried that,...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But I will definitely give that a try
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The noise don't sound like it's hitting something it's just so loud wen the car is on,but I will definitely look around the fan first to see if it's hitting something or that just looks odd