Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

2004 g35 stalls with slip and AT lights coming on. Will not

Customer Question

2004 g35 stalls with slip and AT lights coming on. Will not start.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Engine will turn over but immediately stalls out. Battery less then 2 years old.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have to call the mechanic down the street at the crack of dawn tomorrow. It'll have to be towed if he can't get it to drive. It's parked down the street from the house where it stalled out.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I could think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a rep

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Car problem started last sumday, thought it went away but it started again late this afternoon. Car has less then 63 thousand miles on it. Took it on the expressway. Hit the gas to get on and the car within minutes had odor from the acceleration. Car exhibited no other problem but suddenly the next day the car went sluggish and the slip and AT lights came on. Didn't stall but appeared as if it wanted to. Skip to today and after a 4 days of no problems the car stalled out repeatedly. For a drive of six slow miles I managed drive before it stalled and the car refused to go forward instead stalling out with each try. Tomorrow in the AM I will have my mechanic look at the car. Don't know if it's sensors. Fuel change and new filters in June, battery about 2 years old. No prior history of this problem. The car has always run smooth. Any help would be appreciated.

how about getting me some fault codes and post them back here .

the at light came on we have a trans failure event and car went limp mode, at that mileage i doubt you have internal trans problem .

make sure mechanic has a scanner that can communicate with trans module for fault codes ?

does the car start driving back again good when you cycle the switch or you have to wait for something to cool down , for few hours for it to run back good again, does the at lights goes away when it runs good ?

Please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician