Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Four lights went on my dash. 4wd, vlm, abs and slip. My qx56

Customer Question

Four lights went on my dash. 4wd, vlm, abs and slip. My qx56 is stuck in*****and after disconnecting my battery I can't get the vehicle to start.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you try to start the truck, does it turn over and not start? or does it do nothing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When it is being jumped everything comes on but will not turn over. Battery and alternator was checked and work
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Is the truck equipped with intelligent cruise control?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not sure what that is
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

It is the type of cruise control that maintains a distance from the car in front of you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't think so.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did I lose you
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Sorry, I was working.

Let me get you a image of the front of the truck so you can see if you have this.. Hang on.

Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

See if you have the ICC laser on your truck. That is a image of where its located.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it does not have that.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

When you try to start the truck are you getting a rapid clicking or single click when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Rapid
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Rapid clicking is a sign of a weak battery. How old is the battery and did you try jump starting it to see if it will start?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Battery is 4 months. Battery was tested and passed Tuesday. While being jumped it lights everything but won't turnover.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

I can tell you now, if you are getting a rapid clicking when you are trying to start the truck, you have either a defective battery with a bad cell. When they have a bad cell they can sometimes pass a load test. Or you have to much resistance in a battery terminal due to corrosion or a after market terminal end.

If it not either of those, the only other thing would be a connection on the starter which is located under the intake. But you are dealing with either one of these issues for your problem.

Rapid clicking is a Battery issue or connection

Single Click is a Starter.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would that cause all those lights to come on and the 4wd to lock in
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

The truck doesn't start right? Cause all those warning lights will come on with the ignition. It's called bulb check.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The lights came on in the morning and vehicle was stuck in 4wd. Then I disconnected battery and now it won't start
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Changed the battery with one in the garage and the truck starts. Slip, abs, vdm and 4wd still on.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My father in law died and funeral is tomorrow. This is our mode of transportation for our family. That is why I may seem a little irritated. I apologize.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

i am sorry for your loss. If you can get the truck to start and all of those warning lights are on it will require a scanner to determine the fault. It could be due to low battery voltage, but the scanner would show if it's a active code or a past code.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
0 Codes found but lights still on. Sorry lights still on are vdc, slip, abs and 4wd. Phone kept auto correcting
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where are main wiring harness plug located for center console?
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

You need a advanced level scanner to read the ABS system to see what codes you have.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just drove it and light says 4wd but it went into 2 wd and back to 4wd by itself
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could it be a fuse?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there a manual way to disengage 4wd?
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

No you can't, cause it's electronically controlled