Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.

My vehicle had an issue with the airbag codes b1049 and

Customer Question

my vehicle had an issue with the airbag codes b1049 and b1054 clock spring, today as I was driving, I noticed that the odometer displays 99999 when I parked the car and turned it off and on now the gaugues (gas , odometer, tachometer and Temp) stopped working ...
JA: Do you happen to have a scan tool or a code reader? Has the check engine light been flashing or staying on steady?
Customer: my vehicle is an 08 fx35 awd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: hopefully
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
still waiting
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

HI there,

This would normally not be related to the clock spring issue you are having. Most of the time it indicates the computer inside the instrument cluster has failed. It would be very unusual for all the signals for the sensors would fail at the same time. Sorry to say but I believe you will have to put a new instrument cluster into the car to resolve the issue.

I would also like to apologize for the wait time this morning. Most of the time we are quicker then this.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I understand the issue with the cluster not working the gauges and all instrument light turn off when the lights go on. But the airbag issue happened 3 days ago and now the cluster is stuck on 999999 odometer the gas light is on the gauge is not operating and none of the needles move. Would it be safe to say that if I get the cluster fixed all these issues with the needles and lights will be fixed?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Give me just a moment to look at the wiring diagram. I want to make sure the spiral cable is not a factor in this.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

This should resolve the issues with the meter/gauges. However, in the fuse box there is a single 10 amp fuse for the cluster. Check this first and make sure it's not blown. Fuse #9. I don't have a diagram of the fuse box so it may be labeled something like instrument.

If the fuse is good, then the meter is bad. The air bag light is not related or the spiral cable.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I checked the fuse box underneath the seat and I did not see anything cluster or instrument, but I also noticed that when I turn on the lights the gauge lights go dark and the instrument panel( where the clock is) those lights are also off, the vdc button when pressed doesn't do anything, all the others have lights like the lane departure and the snow mode. So, no instrument lights, I do have lights on the ashtray and glove box, is this still related o the cluster issue\? please be specific to the location of the fuse, thanks
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Sorry, going to have to open it up to the other experts. I just don't have a fuse layout/diagram for the car. Suspect one of the others will. Please don't reply to me as it will lock it to me. Please be patient for one of the other experts to reply. It might take a bit but you should get email notification.