Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle

Have 2001 I Sunroof seems to be in locked position buttons

Customer Question

Have 2001 I Sunroof seems to be in locked position buttons are not working can't find fuse looked at all they seem good
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

if all fuses are good we need to check power to motor , can you pull out the sunroof motor connector and use a test light and check for power , if you have power and motor not working it

will need replacing

please let me know

Thank You *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I located motor looks like silver cylinder going into plastic black box (gears?) The car has been off for two hours but the aluminum shield is very hot, can’t see any wires going into cylinder nor a way to detached from black box- suggestionsOriginal owner only time sunroof was used when reaching for light switch and missed, three days ago it it tilted up back glass leaving a 2-inch gap -normal position

hey how are you

is what you located it ?

you should be able to remove the screws and pull down on it, you have separated from the track , should not take much force, try to help it with a flat head screw driver , pry on all 4 corners

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** double job thing have to get up in couple hours will address issue tomorrow night, Thanks good info

man I know that sucks , I m on hear pretty much 24 / 7 :)

just let me know i help you with it , i m online from 10 am till 12 pm daily

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)