Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I have an 08 Infiniti M45 my tire monitor light flashes then

Customer Question

I have an 08 Infiniti M45 my tire monitor light flashes then stays on solid how do I fix it
JA: Does the light flash and then stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: No I don't
JA: What year is your M45?
Customer: 08
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm hoping to reset it myself if I can but they're going to the dealer
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You have a tpms sensor in one of the wheels that has lost communication. These sensors have batteries, and they last about 8 years. With the year of your vehicle I would suspect a battery in one of the sensors that has died. You need a scan tool to get the codes and a tpms tool. Need to determine which sensor is bad, and after replacing it the new sensor will need to be relearned.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan