Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

Wont start, happened 2-3 yrs ago was an electical switch or

Customer Question

wont start, happened 2-3 yrs ago was an electical switch or something I don't remember. Just checking as it has happen again. Battery is good..
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: engine does not turn over. Battery 2 yrs old. Started fine when wife took it to the store yesterday.
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2005 Q45
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just starting w research to see if I can find out which switch is a common prob as had same exact issue say 3yrs ago. If possible would like to fix myself.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you attempt to start the car do you get a Rapid clicking sound or a signal click?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No response or noise, my wife thinks a message popped up the first time she tried but not the second. Completely dead no response when turned the key
This happened before saay 3 yrs ago and is exact same situation. Was an electrical switch or something then
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2005 Q45
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

When you turn the ignition to the ON position, there is no dash warning lights coming on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
not sure my wife is the one who attempted to start it and she hasnt written anything down.
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

What I need to know is if you turn the key to the ON position, if all the dash warning lights come on or not. If not, you could have a poor connection at the battery which can cause the power to go out like this. But I would like to make sure by seeing if the warning lights come on.

Can you let me know?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The battery connection is good. I just checked the battery and filled it last week. No corrosion on the connections.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will be going to the car in 2 hrs and will know more.
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

What I mean is I have seen it where if you simply loosen and twist the battery cable back and forth, power could return.

Are the dash warning lights coming on when the key is in the ON position?

Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Ok.. I maybe outside doing yard work then. But will be back around 4 or 5 pm EST.