Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

2004 vac slip and check engine light on had 3 sensors

Customer Question

2004 vac slip and check engine light on had 3 sensors replaced came back on next day
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: Check engine stays on but vac and slip will go off and come back on
JA: What is the model of your '04 Infiniti?
Customer: G35 coupe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Paid 780 and had 3 sensors replaced the computer said needed replacing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. Checked it again and computer says same thing. Now they want 100 to diagnose engine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, sorry to hear about this. I will need the exact codes that are coming up in order to help you with this problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have them but can get them from place that replaced sensors. I know there were two that said cam and one about crankshaft
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Take it to an auto parts store and get a free scan and let me know what you have. Thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan