Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

2007 g35 flooded out in gh water. engine stopped. Water up

Customer Question

2007 g35 flooded out in high water. engine stopped. Water up through to the air filters. took home put on battery charger. tried to start it once and heard loud POP. Next morning engine oil all on garage floor. what happened?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Hi im kevin the original reason the engine stopped was the water ingested.unfortunatly an engine works by compressing an air ,fuel mixture .with water making its way into the engine the engine is still trying to compress the air fuel mix but with some water added.water is not a compressable fluid and can and will in most cases bent vital metal components in engine .i suspect this has happened in your case and the pop you heard was part or your engine being forced through the side of you engine block .its likely that the engine is totalled

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Please rate my service and let me know if you have any further questions

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

please remember to rate