sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Our Infiniti ran fine we stopped to get gas and radio and

Customer Question

Our Infiniti ran fine we stopped to get gas and radio and dash come on but car won't start. We tried to get jumped but that didn't start the car either. We have a Qx56
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that could be causing your no crank condition. You could have a bad ignition switch, a wiring issue, it could be transmission range sensor related, the starter itself, the engine controller may not be awake due to a loss of power or ground or an internal failure, it could be security related or the starter itself. It will take some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on.

Does the fuel pump run when the key is first turned on?
Have fuses been checked?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We just had it inspected so I am assuming yes on the questions we took to an Infiniti dealership for inspection and check up.

Wasn't the vehicle running when you had it inspected?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was

The state of anything on the vehicle when it was inspected isn't relevant now because that was before it stopped running.

Is this not something you're intending to diagnose and repair yourself and were just looking to know possible causes?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Trying to find possible causes. Maybe fix in own if possible not have to spend a ton at the dealership again. After sitting for awhile a truck was able to jump it. So maybe try a new battery first.

If it starts reliably with a jump start then you most likely have a bad battery or a poor connection at the battery. If connections are clean and tight then I would recommend having the battery load tested or swapping in a known good battery.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will try this thank you

You're welcome!