Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech

2008 Infiniti q56. Stranded - ran out of gas on ghway. Added

Customer Question

2008 Infiniti q56. Stranded - ran out of gas on highway. Added gas truck won't start.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery is fine. Engine is turning just not catching or starting
JA: What is the model of your '08 Infiniti?
Customer: Q56
JA: Huh?
Customer: 2008 Infiniti Q56 SUV
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Added gas & turning switch/trying to start vehicle
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just how do we get it started. What can we do on the roadside
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since you ran it out of gas the first thing you need to do is to check the fuel pressure unfortunately this is not something you can do on the road side. Its is possible the fuel pump was damaged when it ran out of fuel. You can try cycling the key on and off a few time and if the pump is running the system should prime and start for you. If that dose not work then the next steps is going to require having the fuel pressure and pump checked. Post back if you will need help with this and we can work from there.