Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

My Infiniti G35X key is stuck in the port. Started with the

Customer Question

My Infiniti G35X key is stuck in the port. Started with the low battery signboard. I took out key and put it in the port. Now it's stuck. I can start my engine though.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: What year is your G35x?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to take that out myself looking at the instruction. Called the Infiniti customer service. They link me to the local store where I bought my car. He's not that helpful
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 3 months ago.

I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

A lot of times if you disconnect both battery cables and touch them together for 15 seconds it will reset the computer and work. Give that a try. If that doesnt work it will need to go into a shop for repairs because it can get real involved, Just being honest with you because nobody really likes taking it to a shop...

My goal is that you are satisfied with my answer(s). I strive for a 5 star positive rating. It's the only way i get credit. You can still ask me questions for free after the rating.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Don't understand. Clarify your answer for me

I cant call at the moment but can later.

Actually its just a matter of removing both battery cables from the battery and hold the cable ends together for about 15 seconds. This resets the computer along with the shifter sensors.

Try that and if it doesnt work let me know and i can call you in about 1 hour.