C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

1991 q45. w does the anti theft work. Ive made a new key new

Customer Question

1991 q45. Hiw does the anti theft work. Ive made a new key new ignition switch and lock cylinder but car wont start. ASE MASTER MECHANIC here and yet I can figure it out. Not a whole lot of information on my alldata. Please enlighten me thanks in advance
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How does the anti theft work. Ive made a new key new ignition switch and lock cylinder but car wont start. ASE MASTER MECHANIC here and yet I can figure it out. Not a whole lot of information on my alldata. Please enlighten me thanks in advance
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 5 months ago.

It uses a module and relay setup. You have to get the updated CONSULT software to program. But if you believe you are having issues you can disconnect the module on these and it literally just bypasses the system. Here is the location.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
will it still work if the relay is missing? long story short, bought the car, missing the key so the previous owner bypassed the anti theft by disconnecting the ignition switch and using a nail file to switch it to "on" then ran wires to the starter with a push button start and it would run but the lights would be flashing. so i unscrewed all that they had done and reinstalled it to factory wiring but it wouldn't crank. so i figured that i need an original lock cylinder and key since somehow the previous owner lost the key and the lock cylinder assembly. installed and it still wouldn't crank. found the module, unplugged it and now it will crank but no start. does the fuel pump control run through the module?

It only cuts the starter. I just checked again to make sure. Could have a fueling issue or possible TPS problem. These are known for that. Check it out and let me know. I will try to help you the best I can to get it going.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how is the fuel pump controlled? i have a power probe 4 and i see voltage on all the wires my diagram doesnt tell me which ones are grounded, have signal voltage or batt voltage

The fuel pump is controlled by the ecu based on the signals from sensors ect. I loaded some helpful information from the manual.