Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I believe there is air in my brake system I bleed brakes

Customer Question

I believe there is air in my brake system I bleed brakes like usual and I'm still at the floor does the qx4 have to be on while bleeding due to abs
JA: Have you checked the fluids? Have the brakes been shaking or squeaking?
Customer: The pedal squeaks and goes to floor
JA: What year is your Qx4?
Customer: Not brakes them selves 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I tried bleeding brakes does not seem like level is going down pushing flushed through the sustem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and I will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The brake fluid level is not dropping either after each tire and it's back right to back left to front right to front left correct
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But when car is off it has built pressure once car is on it loses pressure

how are you bleeding the brakes , are you starting from rear wheel and work you r way to front driver and is the brake master cylinder leaking internally

how did the problem started

is there any abs light on dash

how many miles on vehicle

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No abs light but I did just replace altanotor
2002 Infiniti Truck QX4 V6-3.5L (VQ35DE) Save Article Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only Bleeding Brake SystemCAUTION:
^ Carefully monitor brake fluid level at master cylinder during bleeding operation.
^ If master cylinder is suspected to have air inside, bleed air from master cylinder first.
^ Fill reservoir with new brake fluid "DOT 3". Make sure it is full at all times while bleeding air out of system.
^ Place a container under master cylinder to avoid spillage of brake fluid.
^ Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect ABS actuator and electric unit connectors or battery ground cable.
^ Bleed air in the following order.
1. LSV air bleeder (4WD)
2. Left rear brake
3. Right rear brake
4. Left front brake
5. Right front brake1. Connect a transparent vinyl tube to air bleeder valve.Zoom and Print Options 2. Fully depress brake pedal several times.3. With brake pedal depressed, open air bleeder valve to release air.4. Close air bleeder valve.5. Release brake pedal slowly.6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 until clear brake fluid comes out of air bleeder valve.7. Tighten air bleeder valve.: 7 - 9 Nm (0.7 - 0.9 kg-m, 61 - 78 inch lbs.)

this is the correct bleeding procedure per manufacturer recommendation

Try to follow that order of bleeding and make sure reservoir stays full at all times and let me know