peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Replaced the dash in my 08 g37 coupe and the radio isn't

Customer Question

Replaced the dash in my 08 g37 coupe and the radio isn't working now. All conections are good and every wire is in place. What could be a solution?
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Not yet. Was working before the dash was replaced. So I find it hard to believe a fuse could be the issue.
JA: What year is your G37 Coupe?
Customer: 08
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I live two hours from a dealership. Nothing as of yet besides checking all the wiring.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, not that I can think of. It was just a dash replacement. Radio was working fine before the dash was replaced. All wires are connected properly.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Even though it was only the dash that was replaced a wire may have shorted in the dash during replacement and blown out a fuse.If you have not checked all fuses to see if any are blown needing replaced this needs done to see if the fault can be located.If this was already done and no blown fuses were found let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete