Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

The car won't start, it cranks up does not catch ,security

Customer Question

The car won't start, it cranks up does not catch ,security light on. Parked car to go store came out, would not connect. Called AAA, they advised was not battery. They thought was security problem. Had car towed and Mechanic advised could not get it to start. .Help!!
JA: Huh?
Customer: What? I don't understand your response.I am in Nashville Tn, I am not sure where you are. PLZ advise
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The engine turns over ,but does not catch. N
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 1999 I30
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I advised AAA came out and said it was not my battery. Had car towed to shop and Mechanic felt it was Security problem that they were not able to get the security issue fixed
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: They checked everything. .This happened before and was able to get security working, with a new key . security problem happen again and towed car and after a day or two, it worked
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

HI there,

The security light is on solid or flashing as you crank the engine?