Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

I have a 2003 G35 sedan. The power door locks work fine

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a 2003 G35 sedan. The power door locks work fine until I installed a remote start and attached a 12V relay to pin 30 on BCM thinking I can send a lock command from the remote to lock all 4 doors. After done the wiring, I pressed the lock button on the remote and there was 12V fed to the wire on pin30 for the default pulse time which was 0.125 second. But nothing happened, the doors won't lock. After a few tries, I smelled something was burned. And the doors won't unlock or unlock from either the lock switch on the door or the fob key. I can hear the clicks from the BCM but nothing happens. Now I can only lock and unlock the door from the key cylinder. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 190000k. all other functions are intact
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Burnt electronic smells stick around a while. Can you pull the BCM and smell it? It sounds like you probably fried something on the circuit board in there.

I see you wanted a phone call. I submitted an offer for it. Just accept that if you want me to call and I will call. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't smell anything now. BTW, Did I hook up to the right wire Pin30? The output from the renote start is -250ma that's why I used a relay. Where are the negative lock/unlock wires on the car located?

Im attaching a wiring diagram here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
which is the right one?

What are you trying to hook up? I dont know which one to hook to an aftermarket system.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

What brand is the "Junk"?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Brand "Justanswer"

Sorry you feel that way but JustAnswer is not at fault here.

If you will give me the information I need to help you I will help you.

I cant tell you how to hook up a "remote start". Every single one of them has different wiring.

Ill be standing by if you decide to help me help you. Thanks