Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

I have a 2009 Infiniti Fx35 with 170k miles and it sounds

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Infiniti Fx35 with 170k miles and it sounds like the engine makes noise. It's not as quiet as it was when I bought it with 40k miles. Now, it seems as though I have a grinding noise when I brake and come to a stop. When my car is on, there's a little rattling noise and the engine is loud.
JA: How would you describe the sound? Does it happen more when you're braking? Shifting gears?
Customer: Like a grinding noise. Not really great at descriptions. Happens more when I am braking.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I am hoping on fixing this myself or finding the most cheapest but effective way of doing so.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Well, I have tried to spray high intensity water on the brakes and what not. I had read that online.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

How many miles are on the car now? Can you take a video clip of the noise you are hearing so I can hear it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The car has 170k miles on it now. Ok, I will do that shortly. Thanks.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Thank you.. That helps me more to help you if I can hear the noise.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried to record the noise but could not upload it for some odd reason.