sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My 2005 G35X Infinity VDC-OFF, SLIP and AWD dashboard lights

Customer Question

My 2005 G35X Infinity VDC-OFF, SLIP and AWD dashboard lights are ON, and sometimes when I brake a slipping action (as when snow covered roads) and sound is noticed
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tested the dashboard light bulbs?
Customer: is it a sensor ?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fuses are OK
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

These lights are on because the ABS module has seen a problem in a monitored component that will prevent proper operation of the ABS system and has set a fault code.

There are many possible causes for these lights. The problem may be with the module itself, hydraulic control unit and pump motor, the brake switch, steering angle sensor, wiring, and wheel speed sensors. One of the most common causes of an ABS light is a failed wheel speed sensor.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set in the ABS module and then testing will be done from there based on what has set.