Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

I have a 2006 Infiniti g35 and the temp gauge goes almost to

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2006 Infiniti g35 and the temp gauge goes almost to H when the car is idle and the air is on. I have 121,000 miles and I noticed in the winter months when the car is idle the heater want get hot.
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No leaks....
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I live in La. and the nearest dealer is over 100miles.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, do u think I need a new t-stat
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 4 months ago.

I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

Yes most definitely the t-stat should be replaced. The part about the heater really confirms it.

My goal is that you are pleased with my answer(s). I strive for a 5 star positive rating. It's the only way i get credit. You can still ask me questions for free after the rating.