Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti i-30 2001 idle was 1000rpm gave code po505 replaced

Customer Question

infiniti i-30 2001 idle was 1000rpm gave code po505 replaced icv valve twice and got ecm repaired , now it wont run unless i give gas and hold it at1500 rpm after slowly releasing gas pedal it will stay at 500 rpm for few minutes and than engine stops. i disconnect the bron tps and ther is no change. please advice
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you replace the IAC and Ecm both at the same time? Where did you send the Ecm to be repaired?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi jay
yes i replaced IAC and repaired ECM at the same time. I got ecm repaired by Modular repair Pro in calicornia they are on e bay as well. i bought AIC on e bay from ULTMATE PARTS for $ 39.95. I have sent ECM to modular to recheck for code Po5o5
raj
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi JAY
YES, I REPLACED IAC AND REPAIRED ECM AT THE SAME TIME. I GOT ECM REPAIRED BY MODULAR REPAIR PRO IN LA CAL. THEY ARE ON E BAY AS WELL. I BOUGHT AIC ON E BAY FROM ULTIMATEPARTS FOR $ 39.95 I HAVE SENT ECM TO MODULAR REPAIR TO RECK FOR CODE P0505
RAJ
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.

Most Ecm's that are sent out for repair never work. Did you attempt to do a Idle Relearn after the Ecm and IAC were replaced?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NO I COULD NOT DO IT BECAUSE ENGINE DIED BEFORE I COULD DISCONNECT TPS HARNESS. ACCORDING TO LEARNING PROCEDURE TPS HAS BE DISCONNECTED AND RECONNECTED WITHIN 5 SECONDS. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY REPAIRED ECM DOES NOT WORK. ACCORDING TO YOUR PREVIOUS DISCUSSION AFTER MARKET ICV DOES NOT WORK AM I RIGHT?
RAJ
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.

When ever I have ever dealt with this type of issue, repaired Ecm's never work and burn out IAC's. The only way I can get this issue resolved is to replace the Ecm and the IAC both at the same time and using parts from the dealer. Not after market. I know you try to save money by repairing and getting after market electrical parts, but it just ends up costing you more in the end. That is why I always recommend when it comes to electrical parts, you get it from the dealer.