Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

I have a 2005 Infiniti g35. I replaced both of the camshaft

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Infiniti g35. I replaced both of the camshaft positioning sensors after a trouble code was sent to the OBD indicating the intake side needed replacing. At the same time I replaced the valve covers and gaskets, spark plugs, air filter, oil and filter and vacuum hoses. I sould note that I performed the relearn procedures more than once. The vehicle now has multiple misfire (P0300 and P0021). I have triple checked everything but have not been able to resolve the problem. Give me the resolution answer. Thanks
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you tonight
Let me look up the fault codes be right back with you
How many miles on vehicle pleaseThank You
Chad ( aka -Customer
The P0021 is the cause of the P0300 and all the problemsPossible cause of the P00211- CKP sensor
2- cam sensor
3- intake valve control solenoid valve
4-Accumalation of debris to the pick up signal portion of the camshaft ( internally ) when you changed you valves cover gasket did you clean the area and nothing fell inside where tha cams are , this area need to be checked again for debris on the signal pick up end I sent you pictures
5- Timing Chain installation ( is your timing chain stretched and you off timing ,do u hear any rattle noises
6- debris in the hole of the intake valve solenoids you changed .I sent you a procedure of trouble shooting P0021 , can you do that testWe know the camshaft sensors has been changed there good
But u still got few more , CKP , intake valve control solenoids itself ,or dirt in where it goes in , check the cams signal ,since the valve copper job.Let me know, I will do my best to help you on it
Let me knowThank you
Chad ( aka- Customer