Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Jay, Did you read my remarks about the driver's seat?

Customer Question

Jay,
Did you read my remarks about the driver's seat?
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2003 infiniti i35
drivers seat. goes back and forth, up and down ... but does not recline, in fact while car was running it moved forward to front. I can hear a click when I push the recline button but no movement
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

You did not need to open a new question to reply. Please stick to the original question. I just wanted to be clear on the seat operations. Normally if the seat does not move forward or back, it requires a seat repair kit. That is the most common. If it has a recline issue, that normally is a switch issue. How handy are you at electrical?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not very.If I took the car to my non Nissan mechanic, could he most likely replace the switch? Does the seat need to come out to do this? Part cost approx? Could it be fuse related?
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

It is not a fuse. If it was a fuse issue, the seat would not work at all. Any repair shop should be able to check and replace the seat switch. The seat will need to be unbolted and folded back in the car to replace the switch. I have never totally removed it from the car to change them. Just unbolted the 4 bolts that anchors the seat down, and folded it back or turned it on it's side with the seat back pointing out the drivers door to change the switch.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

As far as parts cost. I am not 100% sure. If you want me to guess, I would say around 140 for the switch and 1 hour labor to install.