rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My fuel gauge suddenly show empty , while the tank is FULL :

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: my fuel gauge suddenly show empty , while the tank is FULL
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: you got my question ?
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: fx37 - 2013
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: still didnt try anything , but i hope i can fix alone
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: do you have any tips to fix the fuel gauage ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Two things can cause this, one would be the gauge itself, the other would be the unit onside the gas tank that makes the gauge work. It needs to be tested and confirmed with a scan tool.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello ..
How to be scanned .. you mean I take it to a mechanic ?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

Yes, most quality shops have scan tools, unless you rent one from your local parts store to.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Am sorry to ask .. but why they make me pay while I have to go to a mechanic ? They shouldve told me this before I pay .. right ?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

We never know what the outcome will be, and you may not always be able to complete these jobs at home. We have no way of knowing what it wrong in the beginning. please don't let that effect my rating, i did my best for you.

Thanks again, Ron