Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My service engine light popped on driving on the ghway,

Customer Question

My service engine light popped on driving on the highway, checked my gas cap
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No I'm at school
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Infiniti Mechanic to figure that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car died the other day, ended up my fuel gauge isn't accurate
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: So at 2 gallons it read 1.5 on the code reader
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: Yes No just passed emissions, safety etc
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The check engine light comes on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to help you determine the cause we are going to need to know the fault code and or codes are that are setting. If you can stop by your local auto parts store such as Auto Zone, they will perform a scan for you at no charge and get the codes for you. Post back when you have them and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is the service engine light different than the check engine light? My fuel gauge isn't reading right.....
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

No they are one and the same.