Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

I opened the convertible top in my 2011 Infiniti and it

Customer Question

I opened the convertible top in my 2011 Infiniti and it didn't completely close the trunk. The top is down but the trunk will not open.
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: No
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. I wanted to ask what I can do myself before taking to the dealership
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I haven't tried to close the roof. I left the top down in the parking lot and went in to work.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

There is only a few things we can do to see if we can get the top to operate. Other wise it would need to go to the dealer.

If you open the hood, does the battery have 6 small caps on it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will have to walk to my car and check
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

I saw you requested Premium Service.

Let me know if you wish to go that route so we can talk about your issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think I am going to go to the dealer
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

before you do this. try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Then connect it and see if the roof returns to normal operation.

I asked about the battery cause if it's the original battery, low battery voltage can cause the roof to stop operating like that.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh that I can try.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.