Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.

My G35 just shout down. I have no power to fuel pump? turns

Customer Question

My G35 just shout down. I have no power to fuel pump? turns over but wont start?
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Old
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was driving and it just died. wont start now?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put a new fuel pump in it. that wasn't it. I know because I put 12v to the old one and it worked?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: Its a 2004 3.5L
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

HI there,

If you spray carb cleaner or starting fluid directly into the throttle and crank the car will it run for a few seconds?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I tried that?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

So, it's possible or likely the car has lost power to the fuel pump, injector pulse and spark. This would usually indicate an issue with a crank position sensor or a cam position sensor. The fuel pump will only see power for about 2 seconds if the computer doesn't see any engine rpm. If possible I wold scan for codes or use a code reader. Typically this kind of problem is a result of one of those sensors failing and not sending a signal to the computer.. If you haven't, you should get a code reader and see if there is anything in the computer.