Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

My top is closed on my g37 2011 but says it's not closed and

Customer Question

My top is closed on my g37 2011 but says it's not closed and beeps twice
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The top is closed all the way but it says it's not
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yeah
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnecting battery hitting door switch seven times
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: 54 k yeah battery is great
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: I was driving home started to rain hard was at stop light started to put top up and got about half way and light changed so I stopped and pulled into a parking lot top wouldn't close rest of way so shut car off restarted car put top up everything was fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I got into the car a few days later and said top wasn't closed all the way but it is.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you look at your battery under the hood, does it have 6 small caps on the top of it?