Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech
7276279

I was told my 2008 Infiniti g35 x has a minor rack and

Customer Question

I was told my 2008 Infiniti g35 x has a minor rack and pinion leak and failed inspection. Can this be fixed by using a sealant and do you recommend any specific brand? I have no problems steering and have not noticed any loss of power brake fluid
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You can try adding sealer but in most cases because the power steering system is under pressure it will not seal this type of leak . The fix in most cases is to replace the seal if possible or as in most cases , replacing the rack assembly which is usually the proper way to solve the leak.