Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech

AC blowing hot air. Mechanic says it could be the Ipdm and

Customer Question

AC blowing hot air. Mechanic says it could be the Ipdm and they cannot easily get to it.
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Air flow is good. No leak in system either.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Not much else. Hot air blows. Mechanic did a AC check and all else seems fine. Compressor not getting power
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not likely
JA: OK! The Infiniti Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Infiniti Mechanic should be aware of about your Infiniti?
Customer: No. 2007 m35x
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Have you mechanic check the scan data in the Body Control Module and in the Engine Control Module and see if it shows A/C switch or A/C signal or A/C request or A/C relay on or off . If the signal is there and the clutch is not engaging then you likely have a failed clutch relay and if that is the case the IPDM has to be replaced as the relay is not service separate.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. Where is the ipdm located in my car? The mechanic said it would be nine hours of labor just to get to it? Seems like a lot. I've seen some posts that suggest it's behind the vattery
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Im not sure why hes telling you its hard to get at, the IPDM is the under hood fuse panel located in the engine compartment. See the link below.

Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.