David Gieswein
David Gieswein,
Experience:  Automotive technician at Doug Gray Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep
94072907

Driver side window been acting funny. Sometimes goes down

Customer Question

Driver side window been acting funny. Sometimes goes down but won't go up. Now it won't go up or down.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  David Gieswein replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is***** am an ASE master certified tech. I see you are having trouble with your windows?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The window had been acting funny. Sometimes it won't go up but after slamming door it will go up. Now it will not go up or down.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where is your answer?

Ok, thanks for the info. That actually sounds like you have maybe a wire fixing to break in the door jam.

If you can, I would like you to locate the rubber boot that runs from the door to the car. It houses all the wires.

Pull the boot back enough to look at the wires and you just might find one that is broken or about to break.

It is either that or your window regulator is going out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok but I will have to tomorrow. We are having terrible storms right now.Do I just pull the boot loose from both door and car and inspet wires in that area?

Yes that is correct. Pull the boot back from either side whatever is easiest, then inspect the wires. If you find a broken wire, you can strip both ends and solder them back together. We have been having stormy weather all day too. I am in Oklahoma.

The boot I am talking about is in the door jam area just so I am clear.

Do you have the base model or the x?

Please let me know what you find. If all the wires look fine, I can direct you in another area that will need to be tested.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model G35 coup. Just so I'm clear there is only one rubber boot between door and door jam with hinges.

That's correct. Sounds like you are looking at the right boot.

The boot bends and moves when you shut the door. Thus, over time, wires become broken sometimes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** get off work, I will take a look.

Have a fantastic day at work! Let me know when you get a chance to look at it and find something out.

Just checking back with you, do you need any further assistance on the issue? If not please rate me so I can close the ticket, thank you for choosing justanswer.com!