peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

I have a 5 year old 2011 FX 35 and the lift gate is broken.

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old 2011 FX 35 and the lift gate is broken. I have less than 40K miles how is this possible? They dealer said $3K to fix and although I'm past my warranty by date, I'm under on mileage by 29
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Sorry by 20K miles.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: They say they need to fix the controllers and struts on the lift gate.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

In some cases components on your vehicle like many others can fail prematurely and cause this issue here.The failed components would need replaced to correct this fault unfortunately.Since you are close to mileage on the old warranty but out on date/time you might ask the dealer if they can help with warranty on this as some times they can "Good Will" warranty components like this here and repair it at no charge to you or in some cases split the costs.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete