Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech

I have a similar AC problem. My QX56 was in the shop months

Customer Question

I have a similar AC problem. My QX56 was in the shop months ago due to a loud noise that sounded like the RPM were high but the tach showed they weren't. They said it was a fan clutch and replaced it and then the next time they updated the software. Doing it again and now AC works on and off when I hear the sound. My warranty ran out a few months ago. Shouldn't they fix this under warranty? Only got 53k on the Q but time ran out. I checked the Freon and the pressure is spot on. Can it be the clutch on the AC compressor? THanks
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are hearing the noise with the AC on and having problem with it as well then yes it could very likely be a failing compressor clutch or the compressor especially if the system is full and showing the proper pressure reading. Because they have worked on this already with the same complaint then yes they should cover this repair . You are likely going to have to insist on it because they never got it from the first try.