Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech

Ok, here's a problem I've been having with my 2003 Q45,

Customer Question

Ok, here's a problem I've been having with my 2003 Q45, either driving at a very low velocity, or having just started the car, VDC, Slip and TC lights turn on, then the car goes either on limp mode or just shuts off, then it might wont start for a while, even maybe hours...about 3 years - 8k miles ago, same problem, I changed ECU and problem was solved, now problem is arising again...
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When these warning lights come the computer is seeing a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your response Ron. And excuse me for not having included that information in my initial question, since I have already scanned computer system. The Scanner reports 2 problems; P0340 ´Camshaft Sensor Circuit Malfunctioning´ which by the way, this same Reading I got when problem first aroused more tan 3 years ago and I changed both Camshaft Sensors (left and right) with no change or results at all. It also reports P0128, something regarding the thermostat and the refrigeration system (which by the way I truly belive has nothing to do with problema of engine shutting off). I remember, more tan 3 years ago my mechanic and I even reached to open engine and checked timing of the engine chain, having checked that chain was alright.
Well, hope that information is useful for you Ron. Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Your right about the code P0128 which in most cases set due to a failing thermostat and will not usually cause the engine to stall. The code P0340 is a cam sensor code and it could cause engine performance issues. This code can be set due to and of the following,

• Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor
  • Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Connector
  • Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Wiring

I would start with checking them and the circuits to them, see the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.