Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech

Car died but wont take a jump and currently will not turn

Customer Question

Car died but wont take a jump and currently will not turn all the way off. Just the push to start button and a couple things on the dash. The lights also turn on when the doors are opened
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: no and no. Not exactly sure how or what to do. What shall I do first?
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2010 g37x
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: recently
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I would start first with checking the battery to be sure its fully charged the cable are clean and tight. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The cables are clean and tight and there is a charge
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Okay so are you saying it will not crank over ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Exactly even with a jump the car is just stock in the "on" position. Will not turn off not turn over
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Okay Infiniti has released a service bulletin dealing with this type of concern which calls for replacing a failed Intelligent Power Distribution Module—IPDM whihc may be the problem you are having. I have enclosed it in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does that bulletin pertain to the 2010 g37x?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, I was working on another Infiniti and sent you the wrong file. See the one in the link below for your G37.