Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

I have a 06 M35 - still usually runs great - now it will not

Customer Question

I have a 06 M35 - still usually runs great - now it will not start. Fans run, dash lights up, windows operate etc etc. Push the start button and get absolutely no attempt to turn over. Key fob battery changed but the key fob is not operating - does not lock/unlock, beep horn etc.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** tank you for your question. When you press the start button 2 times with out stepping on the brake and the ignition comes on, does the engine fans come on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.
That is a sign of control unit failure. Either the Ecm or IPDM are the most common to cause the fans to come on. At this point you will need a advanced level scanner to perform what they call a CAN system test. This test does a communication check with all control units and will tell you which one is not communicating so it can be checked or replaced. Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, not the answer I was looking for, but thanks.
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.
Sorry this was not the answer you are looking for. But this is the answer and direction needed for your issue. That is why I asked about your engine fans. That is fail safe. It only does that when there is a communication problem to a major control unit. You can certainly check all fuses with a test light first. But if they are all good, then you know your looking at a control unit issue. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!