Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My keyless remote won't work and I cannot get inside the car

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It works when I get in the car to charge and start the car but I cannot lock the doors to get in the car
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The car starts I just cannot get into it because the remote is not working
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. What year and Model Infiniti is this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2007 G35x
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
To open the car, there is a release lever on the remote so a mechanical key can be removed from your remote. The mechanical key is used in the drivers door to manually unlock the car so you can open it. After you open the car, take the mechanical key and snap it back into the remote and insert the remote into the remote slot to start the car. If the car does not start, your issue could simply be a dead car battery. Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The key is not working either
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
If the mechanical key is not working in the drivers door to lock or unlock it, then you will need to contact a Road side assistance to open the car for you, or a mobile locksmith. The drivers door is the only door that a mechanical key is used to manually unlock the car.