Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Can you provide instructions step-by-step on how to replace

Customer Question

Can you provide instructions step-by-step on how to replace the trunk lid on a 2011 infinity convertible G 37
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.
HI, Ok, I have attached directions to replace the trunk lid and then how to adjust the new trunk lid for proper alignment. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you email the link?
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.
HI,Experts dont see customer email addresses. You do receive a link to the answer in your email. If you need the directions I attached emailed, let me know and I can have customer service contact you and email them to you Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was able to email it myself, Ty! Unfortunelaty my car had a run in w a tractor and messed up the truck and it will not latch. The roof operation will not engage because the truck won't latch. Any suggestions or is there another way to remove the existing truck lid?
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.
Hi,What position is the trunk lid in right now - down, partway down?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It almost closes. Trying attach picture
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.
HI, The only other way I know would be to remove the complete rear interior to go thru the trunk, remove all the trunk trim and then disconnect the hydraulics and remove them and push the trunk lid up from the inside until in position to remove it.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What about ordering a new latch, I will need it for the new lid to work anyway.
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.
HI,the part number for the latch is 84631JJ51B