EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Im replacing a 2003 g35 radiator fupport and im not sure

Customer Question

Im replacing a 2003 g35 radiator fupport and im not sure what to do with the radiator, everything is ready to come off but that
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Infiniti
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: 2003 g35 sedan
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well i have the new radiator support and the old is ready to come off, except im not sure what to do with the radiator, do i take it off? What do i do
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive just been stuck on the radiator, i guess my question would t
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: I dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.
Hi. You can just leave the radiator in. Disconnect its mounts and use wood to help support it. That is how I have done it and how the shop manual recommends. CLICK HERE to see image.