sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My infiniti M-30 ( 1992) JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

my infiniti M-30 ( 1992)
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the top struggle to come down..goes up for an inch and than stops,
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: is Hidraulic problem at the back?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: Thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!A mechanical issue preventing top movement is possible but it's more likely to be hydraulic than mechanical. You could have a bad pump, cylinders, or it could simply be low on fluid due to a leak. If you still hear the pump continuing to run when the top does not move then the issue is hydraulic, assuming the top is able to physically move ok.Do you hear the pump continue to run when the top isn't moving?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it keeps making noise
Has the fluid been checked?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, if it need fluids. as you mentioned, where do you pour fluid from? I see a tube at the back in the
trunk but I don't see the opening.....
Thank you for answerEgidio
The reservoir will be on the pump itself, if you follow the lines from the cylinders you'll locate the pump. I'm away from my service information until this evening and can get the exact location then.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good service and explanations.
Thank you If I need you again will contact you,Egidio
You're welcome!