Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech

Infiniti QX56: My 2010 Infiniti QX56 will not crank. Everything

Customer Question

My 2010 Infiniti QX56 will not crank. Everything else run by the batter works, but nothing happens when I turn the ignition to start. I have only owned this vehicle since late February, and has the battery replaced by the dealership within the 1st 30 days when it did this once before. I have had intermittent issues with this but usually I just let it sit for a while then it cranks right up. This has happened in cold and hot weather, after it has run all day and after it has sat all day. No two times have had the same conditions.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.When the engine will not crank take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and at the starter while having a helper hold the key in the crank position check and see if you are getting batter voltage at the white/red crank wire as well as the Black/red battery wire. Both should have power and the starter should spin. Check this while the problem is occurring and post back with the results and we can work from there. See the wiring diagram for reference in the link below as well. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do still need help, however the diagram you provided is like reading Greek to me. Where is my starter? How do I find this?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was able to crank my vehicle after turning the key to start 3 times in quick succession. Each time it has been cranked since then, until this morning, everything was just fine. This morning it did not want to crank again. I tried turning the key three times again and it worked. Why does it work some times and not at others?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
The starter on your Q56 is located on the top of the engine under the intake manifold. See it in the link below.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is raining right now so I cannot get under the hood. What about the other two questions I sent?