Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.

I was my engine bay of my 2008 fx35 and now it start to miss

Customer Question

i was my engine bay of my 2008 fx35 and now it start to miss fire
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
OkWell, more then likely when the engine dries out the misfire will go away. This usually means you have an ignition coil that's leaking spark. If you start the engine and watch it, you might see the spark arcing from the coil to to the valve cover or some metal part of the engine. This would at least tell you which one needs replacing. Its a pretty common issue when the coils get wet like this for them to misfire. If it's not a bad skip then it's likely only one. If you can run the engine up to temp, then close the hood, the heat will help it dry out faster as well.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!