peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can't turn off my car 09 G37x coupe
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: Already disconnect battery and air flow sensors, it's continue to work, push button just doesn't react
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did deposit
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Is anything after market installed at all?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did turn it off my disconnecting coil plugs
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Now it doesn't start, push button just don't react at all, I can even turn ignition on to close Windows...
O.k.,this sounds like the push button itself may have failed.I have seen some of these fail int the past before keeping the engine on like this here needing replaced.I suspect this is why it would not turn off with the button or restart now.I would have this tested further to be sure this is the cause here as I suspect it is needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there any fuse for start button?
There is no fuse for this here.The starter switch receives ground from a body ground point then when the switch is pressed it sends the signal to start the engine computer for starting from what I can see here. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Replace switch first right?
From what you have described here this does sound like the switch itself is at fault needing replaced.I would have this tested/diagnosed further to be sure before replacing the switch but I do suspect the switch is the cause. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, where is antenna/receiver unit located on the car to replace first, I have exactly same car as donor for parts, looks like car doesn't read both keys
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello?
I apologize for the delay. Do the keys/remotes have any physical damage to them at all?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No damage
O.k.,unfortunately I do not show the location of the antenna on this here or receiver for the starting system for some reason.My info is cut off when it gets to this info.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist just let me know if this is something you would like to do here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes please, car just stopped recognize both keys
I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete