Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Infiniti QX4: My son just replaced a IAC valve on my 2001 Infiniti

Customer Question

My son just replaced a IAC valve on my 2001 Infiniti QX4 now the engine just revs every time I start it. He sells it need to be re-idled or re-programmed how do he do that? I ned answers quick I need to get to work and this is the only vehicle I have
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! Has this problem only started after the replacement of the IAC valve or was this idle issue happening before the IAC valve was replaced?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This problem started after IAC valve was replaced. Originally I would need to press the gas paddle for a few seconds in order to keep engine running.I was told that IAC valve needed to be replaced. Now after replacing it, it just revs
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That should have been gas PEDAL. I don't know what made me write it that way. momentary brain freeze.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Got it! No problem! Thank you for that information. There are two possible causes. A bad new IAC valve or an air/vacuum leak causing the idle to surge. I dont think the new IAC valve is bad. I suspect you have a major air or vacuum leak. Look close by the air intake snorkle, throttle body and intake manifold and gasket for vacuum leaks.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Also, you are going to want to check the fuel pressure regulator to be sure it is not leaking fuel into the vacuum hose or line which can cause this idle condition you are experiencing
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Be sure to check the air snorkle from the mass air flow sensor to the throttle body. If it is cracked, loose or ripped in anyway, it can and will cause this surging condition.