Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech

Infiniti I30: , I have a 2000 Infiniti i30 with an occasional

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2000 Infiniti i30 with an occasional revving problem. I replaced the speed sensor and IAC valve last year and haven't had a problem until the past month that's progressively getting worse. It only happens when I'm in traffic because of the constant stopping and picking up speed and stopping again. When I start to drive it's like it won't shift gears and will continue to rev past 3 once I hit around 30 mph. I have also noticed the o/d light will flash sometimes on the panel when I first start it up.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The overdrive light flashing means the computer is seeing a transmission concern and in order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause. Post back when you can and we can work from there.