Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech

2007 G35 Infiniti, I need to pull the starter relay to prevent

Customer Question

2007 G35 Infiniti, I need to pull the starter relay to prevent the car from running. Please will you let me know what fuse and where its located.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,The starter relay is incorporated into the INTELLIGENT POWER DISTRIBUTION MODULE ENGINE ROOM fuse panel and can not be removed. That being said if you do not want the car to crank over and start you can remove the #71 and #78 fuse located in the same panel (under hood fuse panel) whihc is located in the right rear of the engine compartment. .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do you have diagram that illustrates the fuse location?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
The fuse panel will be labled with the number of each fuse and you need to pull the #71 and #78 fuses.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How much of a challenge of these to get to? Will it require any special tools?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also had another question about the same infinity is there a way that I can get you specifically to answer it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would assume that I would have to open another ticket
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
No all you need to do is pop the cover up and pull the fuses, there location is marked on the cover of the fuse panel as well. New topics have to be addressed in a new post per Justanswer policy. You can request me and I will respond. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.Thank you again. back as well.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
So I'm looking at the panel, is it next to the battery? They don't seem to be numbered?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Did you look on the bottom side of the lid?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes no numbers.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Okay if all you are needing is for the car to not start and you can not locate the fuse, why not just remove the ignition relay. See its location in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.