Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

2006 g 35 manual no odometer read out and can not adjust rpm

Customer Question

2006 g 35 manual no odometer read out and can not adjust rpm setting same reason no read out or display
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: don't know what else to say the display dose not lite up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses unhooked battery basic stuff lot of research no answers
JA: Is there anything else the Infiniti Mechanic should be aware of about your Infiniti?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Does everything else on the gauges work ? Is it just the odometer that is not working?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes all else works no odometer read out can not adjust rpm settings also no display
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.
if everything else works as it should with the cluster, then you would need a complete meter assembly for your issue. The odometer will need to be programmed to the last known mileage of the vehicle. That is what will need to be done to resolve your issue. do you have any more questions on this?