Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech
7276279

I'm having an issue with startup, sometimes the dashboard lights

Customer Question

I'm having an issue with startup, sometimes the dashboard lights up but no crank, other times it doesn't light up and the Intelligent key warning light comes on.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: I do not
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Infiniti Mechanic to figure that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Startup is a bit odd, at times the dashboard comes on but theres no crank. Other times the dashboard does not come on but I get the Key warning light. A few times there'd be no response, then 5 minutes later it does start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: That's what I'm hoping
JA: Is there anything else the Infiniti Mechanic should be aware of about your Infiniti?
Customer: No, I do regular maintenance on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to help you with the problem you are describing on your Infiniti we are going to need more information, the year and model please would be very helpful. It would also be very useful if you could have the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved that should be setting when the problem is occurring. If you can get this done and post back with complete information I will try and help you get this resolved.