Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

Got the terminals mixed up when jumping off a x56 and blew

Customer Question

got the terminals mixed up when jumping off a x56 and blew the fuse on the positive terminal labeled 140A. replaced with new battery and then discovered the blown fuse. how do I fix?
JA: Sometimes replacing a blown fuse can be tricky -- checking with a mechanic is your best bet. The mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the shortcuts to get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: changed out the battery and still won't start. Discovered that the fuse link on the positive terminal, left side, has blown. No power, lights, etc.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible, yes.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,Do you still need assistance with this?Also, what year is your X56 please?